X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Story Setup

in pdf/ppt
    Attached Files
    My women wear seamed stockings and heels - whether they like it or not! Although wetlook leggings are also fine...

Peter, you've soiled me for content to catch up on! I'm currently finishing up Arcana, then I have another fan project to review and then I'll come back to you on all your wonderful work here. I'd love to bring it to life-- and will!
    Always working behind the scenes

Comment

Selectacorp : Thank you for your quick and positive response! But please, first of all, take your time, this story is not in the shape to make an Arcana out of it yet... me and Ulver will have to put some work into it - at least work on the story arches.

Second, just to clarify, I'm just the "keeper of records" if you will - the idea, the existing story bits and all of the good ideas are pure Ulver 's! I've catalogued, organised and added a little fetish here and there - but the praise belongs solely to my dear fried ulver!

Looking very much forward to working with both of you (and others) to indeed bring this to life!
      My women wear seamed stockings and heels - whether they like it or not! Although wetlook leggings are also fine...

Comment

• Ulver
        Ulver commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Peter has done a great job categorizing the needed information and creating a framework. Still needs a lot of work before it is a formal proposal but I remain hopeful I can get down fleshing out some details and story lines .

Looks hugely promising. I love the genre and would be happy to bring it to life!
      Always working behind the scenes

Comment

It's very good and very nicely fleshed out.

I like that it's all in stages. This means that although the endpoint is very complex and detailed, the way to arrive at the end is very simple. A carefully layered/stratified approach.

Looking forward to see where this ends up.

Comment

Sorry I haven’t been looking into this more. A case of real life interfering as my spare time have been tied up with some culture vacation trips.

Peter has done an amazing job providing structure and organizing idea.. It is an open question how much interactivity we aim to provide. The way I envision the interface it is every turn one or possible “dilemma” type choices analogues to the moral compass. 2 choices is most likely sufficient with one being cruelly exploitative and the other involving treating her as a treasured but unruly girl in need in firm but loving authority. Just like in Mysteria Lane no actual in-game effect but it should be easy to track a single variable to give two or three different endings.

Peter has already created a pretty good skeleton – it is just a question of filling it out.

Going over his list of legislation/administrative actions from SOTU it would seem pretty easy to come up with a brief mini story involving a girl affected and a TWO option choice affecting her fate for instance. We can draw on collogues extended family or simply have the player make administrative decision based on a dossier.

We would also like a system for telling much of the story in the form of fake news stories and Ads along the lines Peter have already posted. Not sure what the best way of presenting it is – perhaps either a scrapbook like in Mysteria Lane or an events wall like in SOTU?

Some of the existing fake news story on the forum might be useable as optional content and as always the real world new section has a lot of potential for useful small rewrites.

It would probably be a good idea to make text heavy elements optional to read as far as possible. To the extend a piece of interactive fiction provide multiple choices with a bit of replay values you want to avoid forcing people to click though to made slides. Ideally

Comment

Working...
          X