My two cents on the theology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two cents on the theology

Don't really know if this fits in here, but I was thinking that the cult could be centered generally in established Christian values, but work in some 'alternative' explanations for things. For example, the Church could say that the story of Adam and Eve was that the fruit Eve was tempting Adam with (big, juicy forbidden fruit) was literally her pussy rather than an actual fruit, and that their punishment was due to women taking an active role in sex and the community of Eden. Similarly, Eve being tempted by the snake is a parable for how women can't be trusted not to stray from their man, and is the baseline for the church's promotion of not only male-first ideology in the political/social realm, but also more directly, the reason why they require chastity belts.

Building off that in a slightly different direction, even with the fruit being Eve's pussy, the Tree of Knowledge being a temptation to Eve could be interpreted as an injunction against letting women be educated.

If we want to go a bit off the beaten path of general Christianity, then we could say that Lilith was driven out of Eden because Eve didn't want to share Adam with her, but once Adam and Eve are driven out, they reunite, which can be the foundation for polygamy, or at least a sense that men can have other women besides their wives, be acceptable in this religion. (I believe Mormons argue that Adam was married to Lilith and Eve at the same time, which was the foundation for Mormon polygamy, but I'm not 100% certain on that.)

Basically in my view, this could almost be a sort of flipped concept to established Christianity - in Eden, Adam was nagged by Eve, she cheated on him with the serpent, Eve drove off the hotter woman, she dominated Adam's sex life, but after God kicks them out, Adam becomes dominant, he keeps Eve submissive and chaste, he brings Lilith into the mix. So kind of like Eve messes up Eden and turns it into a feminist hellhole, and God kicks her and Adam out to "right the boat", so to speak.

The concept of Eve and Lilith being Adam's co-wives can also be used to justify the Church of Selecta's view that women are inherently bisexual. So just like there was (and still is in some places, sadly) Christian gay-to-straight conversion therapy, there would be both Selecta lesbian-to-bi and straight-to-bi conversion therapy.

If we want to go a bit darker in terms of sex roles, then the actual real-life Hamitic theory can be used to justify race play sexual dynamics, too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamitic

And of course, there is no limit to actual Biblical verses granting man superiority over woman to draw from: https://www.openbible.info/topics/dominance

Good thots. The thing that appeals to me in all this is not to build some viable alternative to existing religions so much as using the cover of 'religion' as a way to do otherwise unthinkable things. I'm not driven by some antipathy to religion (far from it actually) and so don't want to present it that way-- I just see it as another societal pillar that can be used to create a transgressive scenario that allows for a dark imagination to run wild (in the safe confines of pixel land).

I think the balanced call is to go with a spooky, ambiguous tone-- does the PC really believe in their cult tenets or is this just rank opportunism? Aleister Crowley or Anton LeVey (or Ron Hubbard for that matter)? Dunno-- up to the PC!
    Always working behind the scenes

Comment

I think thats perfect for the theology background for this church, making women indoctrinated to accept their inferiority to men and doing all they can to serve and worship men as part of the belief, if you read Erensich's slave fair 3, there is a church cult section that looks exactly like what your saying, you should check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Das Flute View Post
        Don't really know if this fits in here, but I was thinking that the cult could be centered generally in established Christian values, but work in some 'alternative' explanations for things. For example, the Church could say that the story of Adam and Eve was that the fruit Eve was tempting Adam with (big, juicy forbidden fruit) was literally her pussy rather than an actual fruit, and that their punishment was due to women taking an active role in sex and the community of Eden. Similarly, Eve being tempted by the snake is a parable for how women can't be trusted not to stray from their man, and is the baseline for the church's promotion of not only male-first ideology in the political/social realm, but also more directly, the reason why they require chastity belts.

Basically in my view, this could almost be a sort of flipped concept to established Christianity - in Eden, Adam was nagged by Eve, she cheated on him with the serpent, Eve drove off the hotter woman, she dominated Adam's sex life, but after God kicks them out, Adam becomes dominant, he keeps Eve submissive and chaste, he brings Lilith into the mix. So kind of like Eve messes up Eden and turns it into a feminist hellhole, and God kicks her and Adam out to "right the boat", so to speak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamitic

And of course, there is no limit to actual Biblical verses granting man superiority over woman to draw from: https://www.openbible.info/topics/dominance
        That is what happened in the Bible. Eve cheated on Adam with the serpent. Trees are always symbolic of peoples. What Eve's fruit is should be obvious.
        Adam was apparently angry and did the same thing.
        Why did Adam and Eve cover their sexual organs? Thats simple they were covering the parts they sinned with.
        Lilith was Adams first wife in the oldest stories. She was also apparently the first feminist refusing to submit to Adam.
        She produced two sons one the offspring of the devil. Able means breath. Cain means to obtain.

Comment

thus the 'lilith' festival-- maybe she was the first lesbian as well!
          Always working behind the scenes

Comment

Originally posted by Selectacorp View Post
            thus the 'lilith' festival-- maybe she was the first lesbian as well!
            Lilith was the first feminist and also the first abortionist as I recall. She was also the consort of Satan.

Comment

Working...
            X